Our Movable Feast series presents the finest musicians in the world at venues across Los Angeles. We present concerts each month, twelve months a year while our new building is being built. For specific information on these events (location, reservations, parking, etc.), please refer to the event descriptions on our home page, and sign-up for our email bulletins.
Explain the Jazz Bakery's non-profit status
The Jazz Bakery has been established as a 501(c) 3 since its inception in 1992. For 20 years we have fulfilled our major mission: To cultivate a future audience both young and old for the jazz art form; To present this art form in a concert setting most favorable to both artist and audience, without interruption of drink service or chatter -- totally up-close and personal in the most intimate of settings.
What are my options to make a tax-deductible donation?
- The Jazz Bakery welcomes any and all support. Payment can be made by clicking "Support Us" on our navigation menu, and can be made by Paypal, credit card or check.
- Matching and Challenge Grant Contributions - The Jazz Bakery has a number of significant challenge and matching grants pledged: the Herb Alpert Foundation, the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, and the California Community Foundation, among others. We urgently need your financial support to fulfill the terms of these grants. Your gift, whatever its size, can mean twofold or more to us!
- Your company's matching grant program-- the Jazz Bakery is an ideal and most appreciative non-profit candidate for your company's matching grant. Please contact your company for information.
- Virtual "Wall of Fame" Plaques-- Endow a Jazz Bakery Plaque in honor of your favorite player or person for $250. Your plaque, acknowledging you and your honoree, will be permanently displayed on this site, and also, eventually on the wall of the new Jazz Bakery. You’ll be in great company.
What happened to my plaque?
All plaques are now virtual. We value your contributions and your plaques will continue to be viewed on our website. Stay tuned for new opportunities to honor your friends, family and favorite musicians at our new building. And of course the old plaques will be installed on a prominent wall and will be a permanent part of the new Jazz Bakery building once it has been built.
Are you presenting concerts NOW?
Yes!! We are currently a “movable feast.” Information is announced on this website and by email as artists are confirmed.
How do I sign up for Jazz Bakery e-mail bulletins?
The "Join Our Email List" form is in the upper right hand corner of most pages on this website... there is no charge to join. It is the fastest and least expensive way to communicate and makes it possible for us to keep you updated during the Jazz Bakery transition. We promise that we'll never share or sell your information. You can also sign-up for snail mail by clicking HERE.
How do I make reservations?
There are several options. To find out which apply, check the home page for the specific event. back to top.
- BrownPaperTickets.com (clicks to jb event page)
- Venue Box Office Click from our Events page
- By phone 24 hours a day at 310-271-9039. (Reservations end 4 hours before Showtime). We accept all credit cards. There is a $2 per ticket service charge. Once made, you are responsible for the full amount.
How can I find out if a show is sold out?
Call the reservation line 310-271-9039. You can also sign up for late-breaking social media alerts from the Jazz Bakery by following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
Can I reserve with my credit card and then pay with cash at the box office?
No. The credit card used is automatically charged for the reservation.
Is my credit card info safe on the JB reservation line?
Your information is secure with us. 1000's have done it, everyone has been satisfied, and we've never had a problem.
Do you have a refund policy?
The Jazz Bakery operates like a theater. If you make a reservation, your credit card will be charged, and there are no refunds. Reserved seats and complimentary tickets are held until ten minutes before Showtime.
Are children allowed?
Yes! The Jazz Bakery has a "sit on lap/no charge" policy. This doesn’t apply to significant others. :)
Do you have a student rush policy?
Until we have our permanent venue up and running, we will announce possible student discounts on our home page. Once we relocate in our new venue our regular student rush policy will resume: If you are a full-time student 21 and under, your student ID entitles you to a REDUCED-PRICE TICKET for any Jazz Bakery seat still available at show time. This program is jointly sponsored by the JAZZ BAKERY and KKJZ, America's #1 jazz station, to encourage young fans to experience live jazz.
Can students make reservations and still get the student discount?
If student discounts are offered for that event, then up to two Students can receive the discount if they reserve an additional full price ticket at the same time.
Are there senior discounts?
Do you have group discounts?
Yes. This must be arranged by calling 310-271-9039. For every prepaid reservation of 10 or more, there will be a 10% discount applied to each ticket, beginning with the sixth ticket purchased.
Are there music CDs of the artists available?
If the artists make them available, they will be on sale at the venue the night of the concert.
Why did the Jazz Bakery leave Helms Ave.?
Our landlord decided to install a furniture store in that space.
I took photos/video at the JB that I'd like to share with your followers. How do I share them?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or post them directly to our Facebook or Instagram page.
What is your policy on cameras and cell phones during performances?
Cameras and cell phones at live concerts are unavoidable. Copyright issues aside, we ask that you silence your devices and refrain from texting or, god forbid, answering your phone during a perfomance. No flash photography is allowed. Similarly, do not allow the glare from your plam device to interfere with the enjoyment of the show by others. Photos, videos, or audio recordings may not be used for commercial purposes, or disseminated on the web with out the artists' and the Jazz Bakery's permission. If you have more questions, please write an email to email@example.com